Yay it’s Saturday! Ah I love Saturdays…relaxing, going to a movie with Hubs and playing with the pups.
Hubs and I recently went to the scenic state of Virginia for a lil’ mini vacation. I had the opportunity to view the union of my highschool bestie Kristi and her love John and the ceremony could not have been more beautiful—they’re own vows, on top of a mountain, on the hill of winery as the sun was setting. Absolutely gorgeous!! Virginia really IS for lovers.
-1 can of organic chickpeas (15 oz), drained
-equal parts butternut squash, cut into small squares
-3 scallions, sliced and diced
-1/2 cup of coconut milk
-2 tsp of organic evaporated cane sugar
-2 “eggs” of Ener-G egg replacer
-2/3 organic breadcrumbs, set aside extra for later
-1 tsp of salt
-1/2 tsp of nutmeg
-1 tsp curry powder
-1/2 tsp cumin
-2 tbsp of sesame oil
3. In a microwave safe dish cook chickpeas 3 minutes or until soft. Mash with a handmasher and combine to squash
4. Add remaining ingredients except sesame oil (Note: Be sure to stir the egg replacer and water first then let it settle in a separate cup before combining to the mix)
5. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on med-high heat
6. With the cake mixture, use your hands to make 2 x 2 inch balls and form them into cakes. Add some breadcrumbs and then place in skillet, 3-4 at a time (Note: If cakes start to fall apart, add more Ener-G Egg Replacer to the mixture)
7. Cook both sides about 4 minutes until brown and set aside. Repeat until mixture is gone and you're done!
|My son and I May 2013, Photo by Nedas Notions|