Good morning all! It's finally Friday and the weekend is almost here! I've been absolutely exhausted this week (you'll soon find out why) so dinner had to be something simple.
This took about 10 minutes total to make so it was perfect. A big thank you to Shape Magazine for the recipe! It's located in the most recent issue with Brooke Burke on the cover (side note: she looks amazing!).
Let's compare the differences...what do you think? Not bad right?
-1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
-1/2 tsp cumin powder
-1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp salt, more if needed to taste
-pinch cayenne pepper
-2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
-3 large apples, cored, quartered and thinly sliced (don't cut the apples until everything else is done or they will brown...I learned this the hard way)
-1/2 pound carrots (about 2 cups)
-1 tbsp chopped chives
-1 tbsp parsley
1. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat (don't add anything)
2. Add the coconut and toast for 3 to 5 minutes then remove and set aside
3. Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne and oil to a large bowl and stir
4. Prepare the apples (aren't you glad I warned you?)
5. Combine all ingredients to the large bowl, toss and serve immediately