Can you believe there's NO dairy in this creamy-n-cheesy dish? Here's a casserole dish that will feed you for the next few days. It's extremely simple and will take about 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
This dish involves my favorite ingredient--nutritional yeast. It's a yellow, flaky, inactive yeast that adds a cheesy flavor to any meal.
-2 1/3 cups broccoli chopped
-2 cups almond milk
-2 cups nutritional yeast
-3 tbsp flax seed meal
-1 15oz can organic sweet peas
-3 1/2 cups of halfway cooked whole grain pasta (try sprouted, its much better for you) (want Gluten Free? use Quinoa Pasta)
-Salt and pepper to taste
(I added About 2 tsp of each)
1. Combine milk, yeast, flax, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix
2. In a lined glass baking dish (I use non stick tinfoil) layer pasta, broccoli and peas
3. Pour the milk mixture into the glass bowl and until coated evenly (yes it will seem watery but will thicken as it cooks)
4. Cover and cook for 15 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees
5. Sprinkle additional nutritional yeast on top and cook an additional 10-15 minutes
(note: dish should be thick and creamy...if too dry add more milk and cook 5-10 minutes)